Prepare Car For Sale
- Wash the car.
- Clean the interior and trunk and remove all items from inside the car and trunk that may be seen in the photos. If you don’t clean up your interior, you’re just asking for low-ball bids or worse, none at all. If you don’t care enough to take care of the interior, buyers might suspect you aren’t taking care of the mechanical aspects either.
- Remember a picture really can say a thousand words about your vehicle. Listings that feature a lot of photos get noticed more and give the potential buyer a much better idea of the kind of care you’re offering. Modern smartphones are more than good enough as cameras. Wide angles can distort the picture, normal focal length usually offers the best results. Be prepared to move your car in order to find a good background for your photos. You don’t want distracting clutter in the photo like your neighbor’s house or other cars in the driveway. The car you’re selling has to be the main focus. Beware of trees, branches, and signs in the distance that look like they may be seating on top of a car or growing out of your car.
Give potential buyers a good variety of photos at the list (6-9) of photos recommended.
There are several typical shots people have accustomed to seeing when they are shopping for a used car. The most common is the photo from the front side (either right or left) that gives a good look at both the front and the side of the car.
Other recommended photos you should post to the listing:
- Front of the car
- Both side profiles
- The rear
- The front interior
- The rear interior
- Shot of the odometer reading
- Steering and dash console
- The rear corner shot the back and side of the car from the left and right corners.
- As for engine photos only take them if the engine is exceptionally clean. Otherwise, an engine is an engine.
We recommend you take lots of pictures and choose the best for the listing.
Internet Fraud Awareness
AutoBazaarUSA LLC dba BuyOnlineCars.com doesn’t get involved in transactions between buyers and sellers.
Please don’t respond to any email that appears to come from AutoBazaarUSA LLC dba BuyOnlineCars.com (for example, by displaying our logo) and urges you to complete the sale or purchase of a car listed on our site. Such emails are scams.
Other signs of fraud are emails that:
Claim the security of a transaction is guaranteed by AutoBazaarUSA LLC dba BuyOnlineCars.com. AutoBazaarUSA LLC dba BuyOnlineCars.com doesn’t guarantee or endorse transactions and never encourages you to buy any particular vehicle listed on BuyOnlineCars.com or to sell your vehicle to any particular buyer. If you receive a suspicious email such as the ones that do not respond or report to local law enforcement. We don’t ask you for personal or financial information via email.
Online fraud often begins with an email requesting financial information. These are scams, emails often impersonate a reputable company such as AutoBazaarUSA LLC dba BuyOnlineCars.com by illegally displaying a company’s name, logo, or trademark. The intent is to deceive customers into revealing information such as:
- Social security number
- Bank account number
- Bank routing number
- Credit card number
The only time we’ll ever request your credit card information is when you’re in the process of purchasing an ad (listing package) on the AutoBazaarUSA website. If you receive an email that asks for this kind of information listed above, don’t respond. Instead, report or contact local law enforcement.
- Internet Fraud Resources
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- Internet Fraud Preventive Measures
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Practical Tips to Help You Be on Guard Against Internet Fraud
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Latest Alerts and Scams from SEC.